Time to Brew: one minute
Average rating (1 to 5 stars): 4 stars
DeLonghi EC702 Espresso Maker is a pump-driven brewer designed with the unique dual function filter holder which has 2 attachments 1) the unique Sempre Crema Filter used for pods and 2) the “ESE” Filter used for ground espresso. It consists of the patented adjustable Cappuccino System Frother that will mix milk together with steam and creates a nice froth for the coffee thanks to its special chamber .
Furthermore, the machine can produce a different types of coffee quickly and and effortlessly with the self-priming operation without any disturbing start-up preparation. Users can fill and clean its removable 44 ounce (1.3 liters) water tank and large removable drip tray easily. Also, the machine includes anti-drip design, indicator light, the stainless steel boiler, and two separate thermostats in order to control steam pressure and the water level separately to be able to make your cappuccino and espresso at the best temperature.
- Starts quickly
- One thermostat for brewing and the other for steaming at the best temperature
- No disturbing start-up preparation
- It mixes together steam and milk to create great froth
- Cleaning is really easy thanks to the removable drip tray
- Sexy stainless
- Convenient, easy to clean and use, no mess
- Attractive look all at a good price
- It is much more plastic
- Removable water tank not ease to reach in a tight counter space
Here are some customers’ DeLonghi EC702 reviews:
INCREDIBLE!!! – Peter W. Kessler – Sparta, NJ
This espresso maker is simple to use, and makes DELICIOUS espresso!!!
Don’t waste your time using ground coffee.
Use pods. There are hundreds of different varieties, most taste great. Best of all, the cleanup is a snap.
Read the instructions, and don’t forget to keep the internals clean with the enclosed de-scaler fluid.
Buy the DeLonghi. You will never regret your decision.
By Viewfinder: I am extremely happy with my DeLonghi EC702. The bottom line is that it produces a perfect crema with a rich taste. The steaming wand, though not perfectly designed, works well and I can make excellent Lattes. I feel it is important to add that like any machine, it takes some practice to produce the perfect espresso.
Some other positives:
- Very good clearance between the bottom of the filter holder and the base. I have a nice size cappuccino mug (in addition to standard espresso cups) and it fits perfectly. Apparently this is a problem with some other machines.
- Two size filters – one for single shot and one for double shot espressos.
- Filters also use the ESE pod system if you’re into that. I don’t use pods.
- Large, easily removable and cleanable water holder.
- It looks great. All silver, mostly metal. Doesn’t have any of that cheap looking black plastic.
By RichM: All in all, I’m HIGHLY satisfied with this machine and would DEFINITELY recommend it. Heck, I bought one for my dad for Father’s Day.
By Flat You Lent : If you are a bit lazy and prefer everything to be automatic and are the type to use “pods”, do not get this machine.